Public Health – Prevent / Promote / Protect
The Ohio County Health Department is organized for the purpose of health promotion and communicable disease prevention for the entire Ohio County community. Risk education and public health awareness are directed toward individuals of all ages to achieve optimal health. The department will facilitate programs that educate, enforce, and provide services for the promotion and maintenance of a healthy environment in Ohio County. The Ohio County Health Department serves to prevent, promote and protect the public health of Ohio County and its residents.
Click Main Headings below for more detailed information on each topic.
- We offer Immunizations for adults and children that include TDAP, Pneumonia, Influenza, Covid-19, and shingles.
- Blood pressure checks, Cholesterol, A1C Screenings, Lead and Iron Testing, TB tests, Strep Tests, Urinalysis, Pregnancy Tests and more.
- CPR classes are offered through the American Heart Association.
- Free Drug Testing Kits are available to parents who would like to test their kids for drug use. Kits are provided by the Ohio-Dearborn County Prosecutor’s office and are available at the OCHD front desk.
Please call 812-438-2551 for an appointment. We look forward to serving you!
- Ages 6 months and older may now schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
- Click here to register or call 211 (866-211-9966) if you do not have access to a computer or need assistance.
- Walk-in appointments are also accepted at most vaccination sites, but registration is encouraged to ensure the appropriate dose is available at your chosen location.
- Ohio County Health Department has developed plans and procedures in preparation for any threats to the public health and wellness of Ohio County.
- We work closely with community partners and 1st responders to coordinate and share information in a public health emergency.
- Vulnerable populations such as children and the elderly are at the forefront of preparedness planning.
- Our plans are continuously updated and evolving to build the capabilities necessary to respond and recover from public health events.
- Services include oversite and inspection of Onsite Septic Systems, Food Safety and Restaurant and Food Truck Inspections.
- Environmental issues such as mold, mosquito control, and other concerns are also addressed.
- Safe Sleep Education classes.
- Free Pack-N-Play and accessories
- Available to all caregivers with child under 1 year of age.
- Available to all Indiana residents.